An expert that I admire

"What an inspiriting job! I want to work like she does!" This is what I usually think when I see videos of the Pikler- Loczy Institute. Emmi Pikler was a Hungarian pediatrician, who introduced new theories of infant education, and put them into practice at an orphanage she ran. 

All of her work is based in the child, in their own interests and in how they discover the world by their own way, and the learning that it’s produced by his own experiences with the objects and with the world around him.

The child in the Pikler method auto regulates his own developments; they discover they own body and how it works not with an activity regulated by adults, but regulated by their own interests and their own capacities.   

She was the first to implement a new view of the child, creating a new experience of learning that it’s reproduced all around the world, including Chile.

Her job is an example of an education that respect the process of the child, that it’s not invasive and that

don’t indoctrinate to learn an specific curriculum, but lead to the developments to all the capacities of the child   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts